Sunday, 2 August 2015

Sewing Sunday: Striped Culottes



I've been really liking the surge in 70's fashion lately, especially all the patterns and colours.
I bought this striped fabric around 2 years ago and decided it was about time i used it, and what better than a 70's project!

The pattern is Simplicity K1699 - the same one I used for my South African Trousers and my Tartan Work Trousers - It's a great pattern and I really recommend it!
I decided to make the trousers a little bit cropped again, for the summer weather and to be a bit different.

The pattern matching was really tricky - especially when cutting out the pieces. I ended up cutting them out individually so I knew that they were perfectly lined up for sewing.
It's a bit of a long process, but it's those little things that make all the difference.


















1 comment: